December 20, 2005

WELL, I GUESS SHE TOLD ME

So in my Hungry Anyone? entry, I wrote about the Christmas party at Stephanie and Mark's. I didn't include the extemsive menu. I did mention that she prepared enough food for a party three times as large (in attendance were 14 adults and one toddler) but thinks she didn't make enough. This behavior goes way beyond just being Italian. I think an intervention is in order. I should have mentioned the decorations, especially the talking Santa who greeted us at the door and the lighted snowman. Julie counted over twenty christmas trees in the house (any tree image was fair game), and the subtle lighting of the living room made for a relaxed, intimate setting.

Well, I got an earful on the Comments board for leaving out the menu. So, here it is, in her own words, the rest of the Christmas party experience.

Not enought room? It's a Web page -- there is infinite room, and I didn't even make a lot. And no pictures of Myles? He was so cute! And what about the trees? Aren't you going to say how many Christmas trees there were? (5 full size, one 3-footer, 6 1-foot, and 2 half-foot)

Ok so here was the menu:
Appitizers:
Shrimp cocktail
Cheese trays (Stilton, goat, etc.)
Crab on toast
Mini quiches
Mushroom tunrovers
Cinnamon almonds
Mixed nuts
Olives stuffed with blue cheese
Seasame Teriyaki chicken tenders
Tequila Lime chicken tenders
Honey Djoin chicken tenders
Hummus cups
Mini deli rolls

Antipasto:
Marinated mushrooms
Roasted red and yellow peppers
Mini fresh mozzerlla balls
Marinated artichokes
Greek olives
Prochuttio

Entrees:
Baked Ziti
Meatballs
Roasted lemon garlic pork loin
Roasted carrots and potatoes

Desserts:
Candy
Tiramsu tort
Cheesecake
Drum cake
Orange cranberry bread
Brownie petit fours
Pecan Patties
Thumbprint cookies
Sugar cookies
Rum balls
Cheesecake bites
Chocolate chip cookies
Resese Pieces cookies

I had pepperoni too, but no one wanted me to open it.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment