July 04, 2005

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN

We are finally back from our vacation! On the one hand, it's good to be home. On the other, it was fun to be on vacation. The stories and photos from the trip are in the works. I've got to have some film developed and do some research on identifying some things I photographed. Give me two weeks. It's a large amount of info. But the July special edition of BO-BUTT BEACON will be released before my birthday on July 20.

We returned yestreday at around 5:30. Today we worked on the house and I opened up a can of whoop-ass on the yard. Nothing perished thanks to Dianna's watering. But it's amazing how fast things grow when you aren't looking. When you're home every day watching the garden grow is like watching water boil. But leave for 10 days and all hell breaks loose. I harvested zucchini, carrots, beets, onions, garlic, a cucumber, arugula, red and green lettuce, and spinach. Tonight we are enjoying carrots, onions, and zucchini along with our sole and pasta. I also ran the weed whacker, raked, weeded, staked, watered, and resowed various vegetables. Julie did laundry, dishes, ran to the store and made a delicious lunch of tuna on ciabatta with a side of baked beans.

It's hot here today and I'm just back from shower number 2. And I smell delicious thanks to some of the products I picked up at Lush in Portland. More on that later. And I will work this week on getting the vacation blog together.

No comments:

Post a Comment