January 09, 2006

KNITTING NOT QUITTING

I'm really digging the whole knitting thing. I must say that already I'm whizzing through scarves at a rapid pace. On New Year's Eve I gave the finishing "bind off" to the scarf for Julie, thanks to help from Andrea. With so little natural light these days, indoor shots look terrible. You can't appreciate all the color in this scarf. But I made it with Lion Brand Suede in the Vineyard color.



The next day I began a scarf for Nana. She said that she likes purple and orchid. I hope this yarn has the right color combos. Again, the colors are hard to see. Even the pictures on Lion Brand's website suck. I used this Homespun Yarn in Renaissance.


Last night I finished this scarf and began one for my mom. I'm about 1/4 of the way through that one. She chose her own yarn and color, Jo-Ann Fabrics Angel Glitz yarn in purple. It's actually not as bad to work with as it might look. It's pretty easy. I've got size US 11 needles and cast on 21 stitches and am knitting a sand stitch: Row 1 : Knit 1, Purl 1 the whole row. Row 2: Knit the whole row. Row 3: Knit 1, Purl 1 the whole row. Row 4: Knit the whole row. Repeat until you're done. I don't have a shot of this one yet.

My class begins the 16th!


No comments:

Post a Comment