March 08, 2006

Roasted Parsnip-Carrot Soup

Well, the parsnips might have loved residing in their underground niche, but as soon as they were removed they began to lose their charm. Monday night as soon I as arrived home from work I quickly set to work cleaning, peeling and chopping. Not all of every parsnip was desirable but most of the lot was roasted along with three big carrots, garlic, ginger, and onion. I seasoned it as desired. Again, I like an Indian taste to my roasted veggie soups these days. But this might change at any moment. Cardamom, sambar, corriander, curry, etc. was added to the mix and a dash of sea salt. Once roasted, the whole mess was processed until smooth. I had to split the batch in order to add all the liquid. One liter of low fat, plain soy milk and the rest water. Re-salted to taste and wah-la, baby! It's pretty tasty. It served as part of dinner last night, lunch today for me and S, and lunch for me again tomorrow.

Use what you have. Home cooked is always better!

No comments:

Post a Comment