February 09, 2006

SOUP IS GOOD FOOD

Wasn't planning on making soup, it just happened. Had planned on roasting sweet potatoes for tomorrow's lunch but it turned into soup. Into the oven went two sweet potatoes, a red onion, several heads of garlic, a little olive oil, and salt, curry powder, garlic powder, cardamom, cumin, ground corriander, and homemade sambar powder. This I roasted until tender. The whole house smelled wonderful. It was at this point that, instead of packaging up a portion for lunch, I dumped the whole thing in the food processor and ran it with some veggie broth, water, and a splash of store-bought butternut squash soup. A dash more salt and I had roasted sweet potato soup. It's simply delicious and healthful.



The ingredients before my spark of genius (and before I cooked anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment