I received my sketchbook for the Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project! Very excited. The idea is simple - create in the sketchbook and mail it back. The book then becomes part of the permanent collection at The Brooklyn Art Library. Notice the bar code? This makes it possible for you to check-out my journal if you happen to be visiting the The Brooklyn Art Library or the tour of the library comes to your town. Here is a map of the tour. Not terribly extensive, I know. Still, I'm going to be in a library and I'm going on tour. How cool is that?
There are few rules. It looks like a bigger list than it is. Some of this is technicality info. Basically, do whatever you want to your book as long as you retain the original dimensions.
* If you didn't complete last year's sketchbook, you can't use it for this year's Project. You have to sign up again.
* Your book must remain within the dimensions of 5.5 x 8.5 inches. It can open up to something wonderful (of any size), but it must fold down to the original dimensions. You are welcome to unbind, rebind or alter the book in (almost) any other way. If you want to use a thicker stock of paper, go for it!
* Your barcode must remain in place on the book - no moving or covering it. An altered or unreadable label means we have to disqualify you from the tour.
* You are free to alter, design, and work on the cover of the sketchbook! In fact, it is encouraged not to leave the covers blank.
* The theme is a great starting point, but in no way is meant to be a restriction. If you feel restricted, loosen up and just have fun. We will not judge or disqualify you by your use of the theme. Be creative!
* Your book must be postmarked by January 15, 2011. No exceptions.
* We do not offer refunds for people who do not finish their book, period.
* All sales are final! Please read the rules if you are unsure about signing up. Please realize that we are not some big time corporation and we get no outside funding. There are two of us putting on this entire project and all submission fees go back into it.
* If you do not receive your sketchbook due to a shipping issue, you have until November 15, 2010, to notify us. After that date, we are unable to issue refunds or resend the sketchbook.
* We reserve the right to switch sketchbook books, brands or sizes at any time without notice.I have no special plans for the sketchbook. Just going to fill it like any other journal book I'm working on. This means doodles, collage, watercolors, acrylics, ink pens, markers, colored pencils, pastels, etc. Could be anything. Should be fun.